Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boredom

I cannot take it anymore. I simply cannot. (I'm on fire today. Can you tell?) I have been out of work for a while due to an injury. It's too long and annoying and embarrassing to get into. But let's just say, that no one would believe my tough girl persona if they knew how I got hurt. Anyway, that's not the point.

So I've been home for about a month now. I am not very mobile. I cannot really go anywhere except hobble my way to the doctor. Driving is difficult and so painful, it's nearly impossible. This is mostly because my car is a stick shift. *note to self, maybe caving in to an automatic might be the way to go on the next car purchase* So what can I do? I stay home.

Home is incredibly boring. To quote Johnny Rotten, "Boring boring boring". Except he was talking about sex and I would never ever say sex was boring, even if it was. Which it might often be. But I digress.

I stare at the walls in my tiny little apartment all day long. Holy moly I cannot stand it! It's bad enough that we went with neutral colors when we painted and bought furniture so everything is tan or beige or a light brown. And yes that shows we're grown ups now. But it's a whole other story when I have to stare at it all day long. My god it inspires nothing! I am in a sea of nothingness. Nothing exciting, nothing to do, no one to do. How sad is this? This is awful.

Now, I could try to have fun and play with the dog all day. Unfortunately, she sleeps almost all day long because she's old. And since I can't move around all that well, not running around much really isn't fun for a dog. So much for that idea.

So what can I do? And yeah, I've already thought of fucking myself. That only takes up so much time when one is alone so try another idea wise ass. I'm up for other suggestions. So come on. Drop me a note and give me an idea. I've already come up with the idea of writing this blog. But since I'm not doing a whole lot during the day, I only have so much to write about. Maybe I could find a producer? Look for a new job- one where I don't need to dress up in protective gear like my favorite goalie Henrik Lundqvist.

What's the expression? Idle hands are the devil's tools? Well I'm trying to keep out of trouble. However, I firmly intend to take over Hell when I get there so maybe I should just start practicing now.

1 comment:

  1. Extended down time really sucks; it is even worse when you are alone during the day.

    I'll give you some suggestions for keeping your mind occupied so passing time is easier. I do know you and Amy have received a broader education than I have; some of the following may be redundant.

    You might try Euclid's Elements. Get a copy of the book, a good compass, a ruler, some pencils, then lose yourself in old school geometry.

    Read "How to Read a Book" by Mortimer Adler just to see if you know how; if not, you will be happy to have read it.

    Get the package of fifty colored pencils by Crayola and work on your artistic ability.

    Look up the nations in Genesis and research their history, i.e. Ammonites, Moabites, etc.

    Google "passed through the fire" and research Baal and Molech worship in the Old Testament.

    I wish you a speedy recovery!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete